Good grammatical structures are a sign of a mature academic writer. Look in this section to learn more about the parts of speech as well as common grammatical errors and how to avoid them.
Kinds of Pronouns
Agreement of Pronouns
Vague Pronoun Reference
- Verb Tenses, what do those verb tense names mean, and how do to form the different tenses.
Passive Verb Tenses (EGH and CESLS)
Irregular Verb Tenses
Modal (Conditional) Verb Forms
Verb Tenses With Direct and Indirect Speech
- Direct and Indirect Speach how to change the verb tense and pronouns when shifting between direct (quoted) and indirect (reported) speech.
Prepositions and Phrasal Verbs
- Idioms, Why are they difficult, and how not to use them!
- Idioms explained in our online English Grammar Handbook.
- Idioms - a list of commonly use phrasal verbs from A-Z
Word Forms (Parts of Speech)
- Word Forms, is it a noun, a verb, an adjective, or an adverb?
- Word Forms, what they are and how to use them, explained in our online English Grammar Handbook.